Friday, November 30, 2012

Meet Rockie :)


Rockie is an 11 year old APHA mare that I am kinda-sorta-informally leasing. Her owner, Sue, is recovering from a broken back (not horse related! lol) and needed someone ride her, and I was lucky enough to find her. I met Sue and Rocky today, and everything went just swimmingly. Sue is lovely, and Rockie is cute, funny, and 14.2 hands worth of awesome :P

Sue has done quite a bit of groundwork and Parelli-type stuff with Rockie, so she has really nice ground manners and actively tries to figure out what you want. She knows a few tricks, and has done some competitive trail competitions, but that's about it as far as training goes. Personally, I think she'd look adorable in English tack. I can't wait to bring out my collection of tack (silver and otherwise) and dress her up for some photos. I think she'll be really fun to work with... plus, she's super cute! And she's surprisingly stout for her size, I don't feel too big on her at all. I'm sure we'd look pretty funny in photos, though :P


I'm really excited for this new adventure!

2 comments: